This is for leases only.
Layout / How To
This page is used to run the billing procedure. The billing procedure must be run every "period" for all leases, regardless of whether a billing statement is actually produced. Basic instructions needed to run the billing are on the pages presented by the billing wizard. (A "period" depends on the payment frequency.)
The billing procedure must be run at least once per period in order for each lease to be properly moved through its amortization schedule. Payments cannot be properly distributed without running the billing procedure.
The basic steps for successful billing are as follows:
1. Post all payments received to-date.
2. Back up the files. (This is extremely important for data recovery should the billing fail.)
3. Mark all locations to be billed.
4. Determine if you want to prebill or update. Both will generate statements, but update will update the lease data with the billing information.
5. Set the billing "through date." Statements will be created for all leases that have non-billed amortization entries that are due before (and including) this date.
6. Set the billing run date. Do not set this before your last payment post date used. This will be used as the statement date. For update runs, it will also be used as the posting date for the billing.
7. Select the late fee calculation option desired.
8. Press the Run Billing button. You will get a warning message. Read it and press OK to continue or Cancel to abort.
9. Back up the files again (if this was an update run).
For update billing runs, invoice number will be assigned AFTER the statements have been generated and have been placed into the print queue. You will see a "Assigning Invoice Numbers (Pass n) ... nn%" message. Pass 1 is for individual statements, and pass 2 is for group statements. If you have invoice image saving enabled, then you will also see a "Creating Invoice Images (Pass n) ... nn%" message. (The screen will flash a bit as each image is created. This is normal.)
If the lease is creating printed invoices, then please note that a statement for term #1 will always be produced. It may appear on term #2's statement, but it will be produced.
Location Maintenance contains defaults related to the billing procedure.
Automatic Lease Extensions
Leases which have reached the scheduled term that are marked to automatically extend (on the Miscellaneous Lease Information screen will be extended for six months. No notification will be given of this extension.
Special Billing Statement Forms
The billing procedure uses STAT0000 as the default statement template. Each of your ALMSys locations may have a customized statement template, or they may simply default to the STAT0000 template.
Please contact Support in order to have new statement templates created for you.
When billing is run the next time for the location with the new layout, its new template will be used. Locations with no templates defined will continue to default to the STAT0000 template.
Group billing occurs at the same time that the regular billing runs. For group billing statements, STGR0000 is used in exactly the same fashion as the STAT0000 template. You may follow the same procedures to create a customized group billing statement. (Group statements are only created if an account is marked for group billing AND a statement is to be created in this billing run.)